Friday, March 13, 2009

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

Has it really been almost two months since my last post here? Where does the time go? I have been very active with my American Idol blog, which in the past has always taken a considerable amount of my blogging time away, but I think this is the first time I've let a regular blog go for such a long time. Plus I get lots of hits on that site, including a few visits from a certain TV commerical star, which inspire me to spend lots of time over there and precious few hours over here.

I am struggling a bit with what to do here. The predecesor to this blog, the original Reality World, featured a lot of political and social commentary, but to be honest I am not much in a mood to do that now because of all the research that I felt I need to do in order to present my opinions in a truthful manner. It also featured some of the more personal stuff that blogs have become famous for, not as much as my sister's blog but enough to cause my previous employer to be concerned that I had a blog, a discovery that led me to ultimately delete it. I have only been with my new company for 2 months and thus the last thing I want to do is give them a reason to be worried about me, especially in this economy when my dad, one of my uncles, and three friends have all been laid off just since January.

I later learned why my old company was so concerned, and it had nothing to do with me. The bosses were in negotiations to sell the firm to another company and they did not want word of the possible sale to leak to their competitors. Since I was in middle management there I was aware that the negotitations were taking place even though I knew nothing about what was being discussed. Still, I knew enough to be dangerous as they say. It is OK now because the sale went through and is now public knowledge, thus I am free to talk about it. Still, the concern remains even though I work somewhere else that is not looking for a buyer and is actually doing quite well relatively speaking.

I suppose I could talk about my fruitless quest to find a girlfriend, but honestly how many of you care about that? Seeing as how I can't find a woman who is at all interested in me I am not sure how I can make that sound interesting in this blog. Case in point, last week I went to a trade organization dinner meeting and sat at a table with a woman who I did not know. She was very pretty, smart, and engaging, and we started talking about work in China that each of us were doing. I caught her name at the end of the night and found out that she and I were going to attend the same seminar the following week. I also found out that she is friends with one of my new co-workers, who told me that she was seeing someone but that he was living in another country and that she may be considering breaking up with him. So I am thinking that this may be a chance at something, so when we did meet up for a few minutes after that seminar I asked her out for lunch. I was quickly shot down. She did it nicely, saying that she always brought her own lunch into work, but it was still a no. So I was left wondering what I did wrong and why I can't seem to get any woman to say yes when I ask them out.

So, should I continue, or go back to ranting about politicians? Or you can watch this interesting video that I randomly selected off of You Tube:

No comments: