Saturday, January 10, 2009

Excuses, Excuses

Well, I have a been a little busy as of late. There, I got that out of the way.

I started my new job this week, and so far things are going well. It was probably my best first day of work of the now 6 that I've ever had. No disasters, no mess-ups, no embarrassing moments, I was even fed lunch by the company. It's all still foreign to me and I know the names of only about a third of the staff, but everyone has been nice and understanding so far.

During this same week my brother and sister-in-law had their second child, a boy this time. I got the call at 9 pm on Wednesday and sped off to the hospital, which is about an hour away from my house. I waited, and waited, and waited some more, until my brother came out at 4:30 am to announce the birth. I didn't realize until that night that there was a show called Poker After Dark. I'll have to remember that the next time I get insomnia or when my sister-in-law has another baby.

It hadn't occurred to me until my sister mentioned it that with this birth the family name will now carry on. Neither I nor one male cousin on my Dad's side of the family have any kids, and from the looks of things it may be a while before either of us ever do (Not that I'm against the idea or anything, mind you, though my cousin appear to be). My Dad didn't mention this when I talked to him but I'm sure that he's happy about this development.

On top of all this I've been busy with working on housing reconstruction projects that are being built in China, and now next week comes the season debut of American Idol and the start of my other, other job, that as The Armchair Idol Judge. Which reminds me, I need to get that site ready for the season and take down all of the posers from last season.

It's a wonder that I have time for a real job.

No comments: